Sunday, October 15, 2017

Monday, October 9, 2017 - Mostly answers to her mom's questions

The Journey:  Honestly it was awful.  I was in the middle of the plane and couldn't look out the window to see the Northern Lights that everyone else talked about.  I was next to two other sisters though.  I am taking after you and didn't sleep a wink on the plane.  I tried, but I could not.  The flight was sooo long, but we had a super strong tail wind and got there faster than we should've.  Amsterdam was lovely and flying in was cool from what I could see.  The flight to Scotland was much better.  It was only an hour and a half  - hallelujah.

Scotland:  We got to Scotland and were picked up by the AP's and Sister Donaldson.  It was so strange driving on the other side of the road.  PRESIDENT AND SISTER DONADLSON ARE ANGELS.  They were seriously so nice and loving and wow.  Everyone loves them and it is easy to see why.  We had interviews with President just briefly.  He told me that he could tell I was special and I had a wonderful spirit about me.  About three or so hours later I was assigned to Dublin and I was super excited because I had been there.  We took a bus the next morning to Glasgow, a ferry to Belfast, and then a bus to Dublin.  We left at 6am and didn't get to Dublin until about 6pm.

Companion:  Sister Scheib (like tribe).  She is great and has only been out for three transfers.  She feels super inadequate and like she doesn't know how to get around yet, but she is seriously great and so funny.

Area:  The same area we were in.  North of the river is our side and it goes out for ages.  We stay in the city center and meet every one of our appointments at the spire.  We walk, run, and bike everywhere.  

The work:  A lot of our day is spent finding aka we say hello to everyone we see and make some people stop and talk to us.  Most of the appointments we set up bail and so we just keep finding. We have taught threeish lessons so far.  One was in McDonalds with a Brazilian man who later dropped us because "he is sheltered by his grandma."  One was with a stubborn American man who didn't believe God loved us because there were poisonous snakes on the earth.  The last was with a man named _____ who we gave a pass along card to and he actually called us back.  We have another appointment with him this week.  He talked basically the whole time, but Sis Scheib and I both felt like we should just let him talk.  He told us there was something in our eyes and he couldn't describe what he felt as he talked with us.  Maybe you'll see a picture of him in white in two weeks ;)

Food:  I have had potato and leek soup and chicken and potatoes from members.  The rest of the food we have is brought to us by members (we had some salmon) or cereal or we eat out.  I almost died yesterday because there were two kinds of potatoes on my plate, but I poured gravy on them and choked it down hahahah.

My hair only freaks out when it rains.  It POURED the first night and it rained yesterday, but other than that it has been pretty decent weather.

I hope that answered lots of questions.  I tried.  I AM DEFINITELY A GREENIE AND PRETTY MUCH HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON BUT ITS ALL GOOD AND ITS THE LORDS WORK.

Random:  There are so many Brazilians here. WHY DO I NOT SPEAK PORTUGUESE.  I can say el livro di mormon and bom dia, but that's it.  I USED MY SPANISH.  We met a man named ____ from Argentina that has been here for a week.  I used broken Spanish and simple English to talk to him and he came to church yesterday!!! He was very interested.

I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment