Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

FIRST E-MAIL FROM THE MTC

Okay...so they really throw you in the deep end here.  You leave the parking garage, lug your suitcases up the stairs (no elevator yayyyy), pick up 87 different papers, have an ipad checked out to you, get a room key, a name tag, and off you go.  You go with your host and lug your suitcases up more staircases to get to your room.  Before I even got to my residency I saw Paige Gardner and she ran and gave me a big hug as I had all this stuff in my arms.  It was a mess.  After you throw everything in your room you are ushered to your classroom where you get your companion and meet your district.
 
My companion is Sister Peterson.  She is from West Haven, UT (Roy).  She is the best.  She just did a year of school at Weber State.  We were both kinda shy and awkward at first, but now we are always laughing around each other.

Our district has 9 people in it.  Elder Brockbank, Elder Youlton, Sister Peterson, and I are going to Scotland/Ireland.  Elder Graham, Elder Parry, Elder Smith, Sister Pierson, and Sister Chyenoweth (Shanoth) are all going to Montana Billings.  We have a good time with each other and classes are awesome. We have two different teachers - Bro. Richardson and Sis. Fronk.  We have six hours of class everyday.  Three in the morning and three at night.  In between we have exercise time (which usually turns into the most pathetic sand volleyball you've ever seen), personal study, companion study, and all sorts of different meetings with our zone/branch/investigators, etc.

Another thing we do is teach investigators.  We have taught five different lessons already.  Three were with our investigator Humberto aka my teacher went into another room and took his tie off.  Two were to two other investigators that we are assigned in the MTC.  I think they all kinda start out rocky, but we're getting better!  The two lessons we had were stressful because we knew nothing about the investigators.  Also they tell us that about 1 in 10 are actually non members, so yikes.  Hahahaha it's all good.  We just try to rely on the Spirit.
 
Sister Peterson and I got assigned to be Sister Training Leaders.  Basically we carry a little flip phone around and answer it when it rings (which has happened once).  Tomorrow we get to welcome the new missionaries in our branch which is weird, because I still feel like a new missionary.

  Every time we walk past someone speaking a different language Sister Peterson and I say BLESS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.  The MTC is stressful enough I'm so glad I don't have to learn another language.  All the missionaries that are speaking another language always ask "What do English missionaries even do?"  They all say it in a super bitter way too hahahha

The food?  Oh how I've missed the Cannon Center...NOT.  It's literally the exact same stuff I have eaten for the last 10 months of my life, but it's fine.

I see people I know all the time here: Paige Gardner, Aidan Newsome, Josh Vance, David Fronk, Chulyeun Park, Brynn Hoggan, Tyler McCauley, Brynn Hoggan, Mary Lewis, Spencer Schwartz, Kendra Cottam, Heemin Lee, Emma Holdaway, Sam Allred.  You probably don't know most of the names I just listed, but oh well.
 
Today our district got to go to the temple.  It was awesome, but also very sad because we probably won't be able to go to the temple for 18 months :/

LOVE YOU LOTS

No comments:

Post a Comment