Monday, November 20, 2017

What a week.  Holy cow.  It was crazy.  At least the first half.  Moves week is always crazy apparently and this week especially.  There was a change in every companionship of sisters in Ireland and most elders. 

Monday:  We picked up a bunch of sisters travelling through Dublin.  We all slept at the STL flat and there were 10 of us in a tiny flat.  5 had beds, 2 had couches, and 3 of us were on the ground (me and the STLs).  

Tuesday:  Three of the sisters flew to Edinburgh for training (including Sis Yu)  I went on exchanges with Sister Kim (the new STL) and basically had to show her around Dublin for her first day here because my comp and another sister's comp were gone.  Tuesday night the STLs picked up Sister Yu, Sister Ritshard from the airport and we slept on couches (upgrade)

Wednesday:  Sister Kim had to go to Edinburgh for new leadership training so Sister Yu, Sister Eggett, and I were in a trio for the day.  We had to do a lot of things to make sure people got to their buses and helped them with luggage, etc.  We also had to pick up new sisters and get them to their bus.  The bus came in late, so the sisters going to Galway stayed at our flat.  I slept on the ground again and Sister Eggett had to get up at 4am to get to Edinburgh for another training.  Basically I woke up at 3:30/4 three nights in a row and slept on the ground, but it was fine hahahhaha

Thursday:  Sister Eggett was gone and so it was our job to get the Galway sisters to the bus station, get them on a bus, and call people to let them know when they would be there because they didn't have a phone and were whitewashing into their area.  It was nuts.  Then Sister Yu and I were able to have our first real day together as a companionship.

Sister Yu is really cool.  She is from Taiwan and has been on her mission for 10 months.  She has served in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and now Ireland.  She is kinda shy (definitely a lot more shy than Sister Scheib and I will have to get used to that), so I have to do a lot of the talking to people in finding and in lessons.  It is probably good for me to be able to grow and not feel dependent on anyone other than God.  It is really cool to see Sister Yu find people and talk to them in Chinese.  Their faces light up when she talks to them in Chinese.  I think that will be really cool throughout this transfer.  We also taught a lesson that was 80% in Chinese.  I just kinda sat there, but it was good.

Our baptism didn't happen this week because he still had some concerns about Joseph Smith.  Church was so good yesterday because the talks were all on prophets and Joseph Smith.  I think it was exactly what he needed to hear.  He really wants to get baptised this week, so we are praying for that!

I also had to play the piano in church yesterday.  We used to have an Elder that would play the organ because he was a concert pianist, but he got transferred.  The lady whose calling it is wasn't there.  Another lady was playing, but that left her 4 kids sitting alone, so I had to play.  Luckily the songs were not too hard and I had heard all of them before.  

I love you so much and I hope your week is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment