Monday, May 21, 2018

Spiders/Blessings/Miracles

There wasn't too much about the royal wedding, but we did see a few more British flags flying and people asked us why we weren't watching it.

OKAY I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY MONDAY MORNING.  I woke up this morning, bounced out of bed, prayed, and started walking out of the room when BAM ALL I SEE IS THIS MASSIVE BLACK BLOB ABOVE MY CLOSET.  What was that black blob you ask?  A SPIDER THE SIZE OF A LOAF OF BREAD.  Okay a small loaf of bread.  As soon as I saw it, it ran to the corner, so it was not in a good shoe smacking place.  We were watching it periodically, but the wonderful creature decided it wouldn't move out of the corner.  That is bad news.  Finally, we decided the best option would be to get the vacuum out and suck it up.  The only issue is that the vacuum has horrible suction power.  We worked up the courage (I worked up the courage) and got the vacuum at the ready.  It took everything in my power to muster up the courage, but FINALLY I did it and big Bertha died.  Right after,  the vacuum broke, so that is a miracle in and of itself.  ANYWAY, not a great start to my pday, but at least there isn't a massive spider chilling above my closet now. 

This week we had conference in Edinburgh.  At conference I was able to catch up a bit with Sister Osmond (who Sister Scheib trained after me and replaced me in Dublin).  I asked her about all of my recent converts and how they are doing.  She said they are all doing really well and another person I taught while in Dublin Sister Osmond baptised.  It gets better.  She told me that WILLIAM IS ENGAGED.  He met her when he went on a trip to Galway and went to church.  She is a returned missionary from Utah who came to Ireland for University.  They met and have been dating ever since and now they are engaged.  They will be getting sealed sometime in November I think.  When she told me that I burst into tears from the pure joy I felt.  It is amazing to know that he is continuing on the covenant path.  Also it has been amazing seeing how God had played a role in this.  Who would have ever thought that a Brazilian and a Utahn would meet in Ireland and get married!  What a miracle.  

This week our zone had a fast for our friends to progress and attend church.    _____, who we have been teaching off and on due to her busy schedule who hadn't been in contact with us for a while let us know that she would be coming to church.  She also brought her husband and their two children along with her.  We had a very powerful lesson with them in Gospel Principles.  The ward was also great with making sure their kids were taken care of and fellowshipping them.  Our ward mission leader even invited them over for dinner and they came.  They had a really great time and they committed to come to church next week as well.  We are so blessed to be trusted to participate in these miracles.  This was such a blessing because we had never been able to teach her husband and then he came to church!  Yayyayay.

I love the Scotland/Ireland Mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment