Saturday, December 22, 2018

Monday, December 17, 2018

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GREAT WEEK

Last Monday we got to participate in Santa's workshop.  We wrapped a bunch of boxes of chocolate for less fortunate children.  It was a great branch activity and it got a lot of less active members out!  The kids loved it.  Alex told Sister Edwards, "I really feel the Spirit here."

On Tuesday Sister Cox and I taught these two 18 year old girls.  We chapped their door a few weeks ago and the mom answered.  She said that she wasn't really interested, but her daughter might be.  When we went back her daughter looked really confused for a second and then got super excited.  She invited us right in.  We taught them about the Plan of Salvation.  They loved it.  A lot of people in this country hate the concept of heaven/hell.  They were some of them.  It was great to see their excitement learning about the 3 Kingdoms of Glory!  

Probably the rudest prank ever done to a missionary:  So at our branch Christmas party on Friday we had a bunch of games to play and the last game was for the missionaries only.  It's the one where there are cherries hidden in whip cream and you can only use your mouth to get them.  There were three plates.  One plate had 3 cherries, the next had 2, and the last had 1.  We were told that it was a race of the Elders vs. the Sisters.  Obviously this was an intense competition.  So they say go and I completely scarf the first plate of cherries and take the lead.  I eat the next two cherries as well, but I hadn't swallowed any at this point.  I go to eat the last cherry and it is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than the other cherries...and it tasted rotten.  I continue to chew, but it is seriously so bad.  I keep eating it and then I gag a little bit.  I hear Sister Cox say, "OH IT'S ROTTEN" and I realize what has happened.  I take the plate into the kitchen and have to spit everything out and wash my mouth in the sink.  THE YSA THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF ALL THE GAMES THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO PUT A PICKLED ONION INSTEAD OF A CHERRY AND WATCH US SUFFER.  In case you're wondering.  It wasn't funny and I literally almost threw up.  I don't know if you've ever had a pickled onion, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  Rude.  

Sister Cox experienced her first time in the falling snow this week!  Saturday night it DUMPED snow.  It wasn't light or fluffy, it was very wet snow.  We came back to the flat halfway through the day to put on more layers and change our coats.  We were very wet.  Sister Cox is also not capable of walking in snow/on ice.  It's quite comical.  Nevadan....


No comments:

Post a Comment