Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday, December 3rd, 2018

This week started out pretty rough for the Perth sisters.  

On Monday we had two lessons fall through, so we were chapping.  We tried to cut between houses, so we didn't have to walk through their gates and there was a little ledge (that I saw) but I was holding a Book of Mormon and the phone to record the chapping.  Sister Cox was in front of me and stepped over it, no problem.  I step over the ledge, but I didn't see this wire that was like 6 inches above the ledge and I tripped.  I went down so hard.  I couldn't even catch myself because my feet got stuck and my hands were full.  I'm so lucky I didn't bash my face into the ground, but it did knock the wind out of me.  It hurt so bad.  And I had to get up right away because I was afraid the owners of the house would hear this commotion and come outside.  I was seriously sore for days, but all is well now and the only thing that was seriously hurt was my pride.  That made for a great Monday night and a great start to the week.

On Tuesday Sister Cox lost her wallet.  It contained her mission card, debit card, parent's credit card, bus pass, driver's license, and British Residency Permit, and £20.  That put a bit of a damper on things, but everything is figured out now and no money was spent on any of the cards!

On Wednesday we had exchanges in Aberdeen.  

We were able to teach a new person this week named _____!  We taught him on Thursday and on Saturday.  In that period of 2 days he HAD READ ALL OF 1ST NEPHI AND HE SAID HIS FIRST PRAYER EVER!!!  He loved learning about the Plan of Salvation and like the doctrine of the 3 Kingdoms.  At the end of the lesson he said, "I think if I had to make a plan, this is pretty much what it would be like."  _____ is awesome!  

Our week started out rocky, but ended on a super good note.  We had Stake Conference in Dundee yesterday.  That is about a 40 minute drive, so we didn't think any of the people we were teaching were going to make it.  BUT our Elder's Quorum President has a mini bus.  He drove it to the church and picked up Alex and his family, as well as Brooke and Jamie-Leigh.  We were so happy.  Alex's mom, Rozalia, loved how many people were there.  It's always good to gather together with all the members.  The primary kids also sang a special musical number called 'I Will Be What I Believe' and it made me tear up.  I love their sweet spirits.  They are so close to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment