Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday, December 31st

AM e-mail: 

Hello!  I am getting moved to Cumbernauld (just outside Glasgow) and my new companion is Sister Cluff.  I don't know her at all.

Sister Cox is moving to Derry in Northern Ireland and they are replacing us with Elders.
We were super sad, but also excited.

I don't know how much time I'll have to email, maybe later in the day.


PM e-mail:

We went to Edinburgh this morning and the Edwards (senior couple) drove us.  They were heartbroken that we were leaving and being replaced with elders.  Then I took a train to Glasgow by myself and accidentally sat in first class.  It worked out for me because they didn't check my ticket and I got to sit in first class.

My plans for New Year's Eve:  Finish President Nelson's invitation to the women...oopsie...I got a bit behind.

Last week:
For Boxing Day [December 26th] we went to a member's house whose wife is less active.  It was good, but we were there for 8 HOURS and they fed us two meals.  We thought we were going to explode.  They live basically in the middle of nowhere in a place called Strathtummel.  It is right on a loch and it is beautiful!

I am sad to be leaving Perth, but I guess my time is up there.  It was a good 6 months.  I am excited for Cumbernauld.  It is a smaller city and it's a Ward.  I love the Glaswegian accent.  Can't complain about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment