Thursday, July 5, 2018

Monday, July 2, 2018 - Please help Yourself

This week it was so hot!  We were loving the heat.  It's been so nice.  When I say hot I mean it got up to 35 (celsius) this week.  Toasty!

____ and ____ were able to come to church again this week.  After church there was a baptism for an 8 year old in our ward.  ____'s daughter begged her to stay so they could see it.  Unfortunately, ____ had to leave because their other daughter was sick.  ____ loved the baptism.  She said it was really emotional for her and that those feelings came from the Holy Ghost!  We are so excited because that's something we've really been focusing on with her.  Another miracle!

This week we were able to do service for a family in the ward that is moving and just had a baby.  We were trying to put a bunk bed together for them and move some stuff in.  It was so difficult!  No one said how hard it was to put a bunk bed together from IKEA.  The instructions were horrible and we almost figured out the whole thing hahha.  It was also SO HOT while we were trying to help them.  That day it was 35 and we were in our jeans in a house with no air conditioning (because no one has air conditioning in Scotland).  But we were happy to help them.  Especially because one of their other kids got chicken pox this week!

In Oban this week we found the box that said, "Books - please help yourself!"  So what did we do?  Grabbed a Book of Mormon and put it in there.  It was like someone else was doing missionary work for us.  We thought it was the perfect opportunity.  Also the BEST WAY TO HELP YOURSELF.

We had exchanges this week in Glasgow as well.  I got to be with Sister Lopez from Ecuador.  It was fun and we bonded over Peru hahha.  It's always great to be on exchange because you learn so much from each missionary. 

I love the 4th of July.  Please enjoy it 742897x more this year for me.  I have my outfit planned, complete with my navy skirt and a red and white stripped shirt.  I'll probably be doing my nails red tonight because I don't think I have time/the materials to do flags this year :(

No comments:

Post a Comment