Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday, June 25, 2018

My joke of the week:  Why did the missionary cross the road?  (answer at bottom)

Well we had a great week.  On Tuesday we had All Scotland Conference in Edinburgh, so we drove down for that.  It was our last conference with President Donaldson and we all said some tender goodbyes.  I'm definitely very grateful for him and Sister Donaldson.  Conference was also great because we were able to skype and have a question/answer session with Elder and Sister Bednar.  It was amazing to have the chance to do that.  He put a large emphasis on learning from the Spirit rather than what was being shared.  I'm grateful for him and his insights, but most importantly the Spirit he brought! 

As sad as we are to have the Donaldsons leave, we are even more excited to have the MacDonalds come this week.  We have a conference again on the 3rd, so we'll get to meet them then!

____ and ____ are doing well.  They are both still excited to go to church and meet with us!  This week we were able to read the Tree of Life with them and talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon.  It really made sense to them the imagery of holding to the rod of iron.  Unfortunately, they had to leave church early because their baby was just throwing an absolute fit and they couldn't get her to calm down.   That's okay though because MIRACLES HAPPEN PEOPLE!

9 MONTHS OUT.  It honestly doesn't feel that much different from any other day, but I have completed half of my mission.  It is so fun to have 9 months of wonderful, tough memories to look back on.  I feel like I have met so many people that will forever be in my heart.  This mission and the people here definitely have my heart.  I couldn't think of a place I'd rather be in the whole world.  I love the Scotland/Ireland Mission.  9 months down and 9 months.  Everyone says it's a downhill slide from here, but really I still have so much mission left!  What a blessing.   I truly mean it every morning when I bounce out of bed and say, "Woohoo!  Today is a great day to be a missionary!"  Here's to 9 more wonderful months! 

Answer (to above joke):  Because her companion did. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment