Monday, July 23, 2018

Monday, July 23, 2018 - Hello Perth (Scotland - not Australia)

So last Tuesday morning I took a train to Edinburgh with Sister Cheatham.  There we had a meeting with all the trainees and then the trainees joined us.  We had more instruction with them and then we practiced roleplay teaching.  I was with Sister Hammond who was then assigned to be my companion about 20 minutes later!  It's funny because that's the same thing that happened with me and Sister Scheib.  After we went to have dinner and about 2 bites in we were told we had to leave to catch a train.  We shoved some pizza in our mouths, our luggage into a van, and we got dropped off at the train station.  There was traffic, so we were late for our train.  We missed it and had to take another one an hour later.  Luckily AN ANGEL FROM THE BRANCH WAS AT THE TRAIN STATION TO PICK US UP.  I have no idea how we would have managed with 6 suitcases (1 broken one) and a 40 minute walk with no idea where we were going.   

SISTER HAMMOND.  She's a cute red head from Farmington and is great.  She is really excited to be here.  She is amazing and will be a great teacher.  We've been able to teach quite a few on the spot lessons this week.

PERTH BRANCH:  So Perth Branch has an active membership of about 25.  They make any ward/branch look really young.  No youth, one family, and the average age is about 65.  We bring it down a bit.  They are all really lovely people though and we had 3 dinner appointments this week.  They are excited to have sisters in their area again - no sisters have been there in over a year. 

PERTH:  Perth is a smaller city center, so we spend a lot of time GQing again.  It's next to a really pretty river called the River Tay.  I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of it this week, but I'll repent.  We don't have a car, but we have 2 feet and buses!  We're hopefully settling down more and I can tell you more about everything next week.

Funny from the week:  We had lunch with all the trainees.  When I walked in the room for lunch one of them said, "SISTER BAKER!"  I was a little taken back and then she said, "I READ  YOUR BLOG."  It was so funny and she started asking about some things from my blog haha.

Another funny:  At church we were greeting people and this little Scottish lady walked through the door (with assistance from another member).  We introduced ourselves and she told me I had lovely teeth.  She then said, "I don't have any teeth" and she showed me her gums.  It was hilarious.  She was probably like 90.  hahhaha

No comments:

Post a Comment