Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday, September 10, 2018 - Birthday and anniversary week!

Thank you thank you for the birthday wishes!  Love you lots!  I can't wait to open my package!  [Her birthday is tomorrow, September 11th.]

This was yet another great week in Perth.  ____ is the best.  We taught her about Tithing and Fasting this week and she was so happy to learn that you don't have to starve yourself for a full day.  Last Sunday her gran told her not to eat and didn't say anything else or explain why.  She went ALL DAY without food or water because she wanted to fast.  We are also helping her quit smoking.   We taught her 15 steps to quit smoking this week and she is doing so well.  Her baptismal interview is this week and she is so excited!

So last week, unbeknownst to us, _____ was assigned to teach the lesson in Elders Quorum.  Yes you read that correctly.  After attending church 3 times he was asked to teach.  He hasn't accepted baptism and told us he needs more time, but the Elders Quorum didn't care about that.  So this week HE TAUGHT ELDERS QUORUM.  He's amazing.  

I can't believe a year has (almost) come and gone.  I love being a missionary.  There is nowhere I'd rather be, even if that sounds cheesy.  I still bounce out of bed every morning and say, "woohoo! Today's a great day to be a missionary."  Everyday that statement gets more and more real.  I feel like I've grown in the last year, but I'm definitely not done yet and never will be.  I think the biggest thing I've learned is that there is no point in worrying about the thigns that I can't control.  I just need to do everything in my part and the rest will fall into place the way it needs to.

I LOVE THE SCOTLAND/IRELAND MISSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment