Saturday, September 8, 2018

Monday, September 3, 2018

Every Friday here we have a family home evening with recent converts, people we're teaching, and anyone else that comes along.  ____, the 18 year old we're teaching comes every Friday with her 9 year old sister.  This week they both came and they also brought their uncle and his daughter (their cousin).    We taught them how to play spoons.  Needless to say I have two 9 year old best friends now.  It was so much fun.

We taught our friend ____ this week again and he is amazing.  Last week he had only read the introduction to the Book of Mormon because reading is hard for him.  He has dyslexia, which obviously slows him down a lot.  This week when we met with him he had read all the way through 1 Nephi 18!  And he remember all of it.  He told us how he was going to ask us a question about the tree of life and the iron rod, but he kept reading and he was amazed at how it explained itself.  He loves it.  What an amazing man.  

We taught our friend ____ again this week.  I don't remember if I talked about him last week, but we chapped into him and found out he was taught everything about a year and a half ago.  He works night shifts and gets off at 8:30.  And for the last two Sundays he's made it to church at 10:30.  It's amazing watching him make that sacrifice.

I also learned how to crochet this week!  It was the relief society activity and before you know it I'll be a crochet pro.  BUT as missionaries we don't really have time for hobbies, so we'll see if I remember/still have any desire to do that when I get home hhaha.

On Saturday we got a call from one of the senior couples saying they were about 20 minutes outside Perth with a package for me [her birthday is coming up].  It was delivered to my flat, but absolute torture staring at the package in the corner that I can't open for still more than a week.  I wanted to open it so badly, but I'm resisting temptation.  

Funny Perth moment of the week:  People are always singing/playing an instrument in the street.  This week there was a man, probably in his 70s, sitting on a bench with a speaker playing music from the didgeridoo and 'ooing.'  You would be amazed at how much money that man made.  And every time someone put money in his hat he would interrupt his ooing and say thank you.  Hahahha welcome to Perth.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, the article you have shared is good.This article is very useful. My friend suggest me to use this blog.


    Tell the bell survey


    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Bell Surveyis very easy to complete. no need to spent more time.

    ReplyDelete