Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Monday, October 15, 2018

Sister Rose is great!  She is from Utah, but she lived in England for 10 years.  We get along really well.  We've been working super hard and she doesn't want to leave the mission, so we'll have lots of fun this transfer!   Unfortunately, the Elders don't have a flat in Perth yet.  They stayed in our District Leader's flat all week in Kirkcaldy, but they came to church yesterday.  The senior couple, Elder and Sister Edwards, are AMAZING (and not just because they took us out to dinner this week and said we were their favorites).  They are so excited to be in Perth and the branch is so excited to have us all here.

This week it started to rain again.  I am not ready for winter.  We got absolutely soaked on Saturday.  We got lunch and our coats and backpacks left puddles in the restaurant.  We felt really bad.  My coat that was once waterproof is definitely not anymore.  We weren't expecting the rain that day and I wore my boots that I came out with.  They're still wet and I wish I was joking.  We came back to the flat halfway through the day to change our clothes because we were freezing.  

Church was amazing this week.  We had 6 of the people we are teaching there!  With the new missionaries, visitors, and people we brought to church there were about 15 people that weren't normally at church there. I have never seen the chapel so full.  It was magical and I almost cried walking in.  There were so many people attending Gospel Principles we had to move it into the chapel because our little classroom wouldn't fit us all.

Something I was thinking about this week is the importance of Jesus Christ.  I think all too often we go through church without emphasising Him enough.  That was made clear by President Nelson and his talk on using the importance of the Lord's name when referring to the church.  Another example comes from yesterday's gospel principles lesson.  It was on the Law of Chastity.  We talked about what it was, its importance, and that we can be forgiven from breaking the Law of Chastity.  The whole time Jesus Christ wasn't mentioned once.  I decided that needed to change and I bore my testimony on His importance and how He can take away all sin.  The lesson turned in a whole different direction and when we brought Jesus Christ into the lesson the Spirit was much stronger.  We can never emphasise Jesus Christ enough.  

1 comment: