Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Monday, October 8, 2018 - WOW WOW WOW

Conference was so good!  We watched the Saturday AM and Sunday AM live, with Women's Conference and Saturday PM on catch up.  We missed the Sunday PM, but WOW WOW WOW.  The work is hastening!  I loved Elder Bednar's talk about that.  I also loved Elder Rasband's talk on fear.  I loved President Oak's Saturday AM talk as well.  Oh and Elder Holland's talk!  Basically everything.  AND President Nelson's promised blessings for using the Savior's name in referring to the church.  WOW.  Amazing.  

We got to attend branch council this week and it was so good!  Sister Hammond and I were talking about the importance of getting converts to the temple throughout the week and we brought it up at branch council.  The branch has a temple trip planned for this Saturday and hopefully two of the people recently baptised in the branch will be able to go (including Brooke).  I love the temple so much and if I can't get there now I want to do everything in my power to get others there!  Also with the help of one of the members we were able to help Brooke get started on her family history this week!  Yay!

2 HOUR CHURCH!  My first thought was, 'that just got a lot more complicated to explain how our church services run on the street.'  As I thought about it more I thought of the great opportunity it is to make our Sabbath day more centered on the home, strengthening family relationships, ministering, serving and so much more.  I pray that we all take the opportunity to act on this invitation to repent!  

About 5 minutes before conference started we got our moves call!  I am staying in Perth!  Sister Hammond went to Greenock this morning (the poor thing had to travel alone and deal with all of her suitcases by herself) and I am here with Sister Rose.  We were actually in the same district when I was in Dublin.  This is her last transfer, so I'm going from having a very 'young' companion to a very 'old' companion.  Probably the most exciting thing about this moves call is that Perth is getting two more teams of missionaries!  There will be a senior couple coming in as well as a set of Elders.  The work here is about to EXPLODE.   This will be AMAZING for the branch.  I am so so so excited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment