Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday & Tuesday, February 11&12, 2019

Monday:

Moves call:  As you probably predicted I am staying in Cumbernauld.  Sister Cluff went to Paisley and I am getting Sister Coffman later today.  I don't have a lot of time to email, but I'm excited.  Sister Coffman and I were in the same district 6 or 7 or 8 months ago.  I don't know much about her, but she's from Kentucky.

I'll probably have more time to email later :)

Tuesday:

Well this is a bit later hahaha, but now I can actually email!

Sister Coffman arrived in Glasgow yesterday at about 6, so by the time we got back to Cumbernauld everything was closed.  Therefore, we're emailing today!  She came from Lisburn in Northern Ireland, so she had a long journey with a train, a ferry, and a bus!

Sad news about ____:  We had nearly sorted everything out with the Word of Wisdom and his baptism, but on Wednesday when he walked into the lesson he opened by telling us it would be the last time we would be meeting.  He apologized to us for 'wasting our time.'  That was really sad.  We invited him to continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray and told him he is always welcome at church.  

Sunday was Stake Conference in Glasgow.   Those were the all the missionaries in Glasgow Stake as well as the departing missionaries from this transfer.  Stake Conference was great and it was so fun to see members from the Dumbarton Ward.  They are the best!  

So usually when missionaries are moving they move on Monday morning, but you never know what might happen.  I told Sister Cluff on Saturday night that I thought she should pack as much as she could and be ready to leave on Sunday night.  Well, Sunday night rolled around and at about 7:30 we got a call from the zone leaders asking if we could go to Glasgow and leave in about 20 minutes.  That was a bit hectic, but we got everything together and managed just fine.  

Yesterday was mostly dedicated to helping missionaries get to their plane/ferry/bus/train/subway.  It was slightly crazy because a bunch of people have to go through Glasgow to make connections from buses to trains or from one train station to another.  It's probably quite comical to watch a bunch of 20 year olds running all day through Glasgow with luggage, doing there best to make sure no one misses a train.  We did a pretty good job and only 2 people missed their bus to make the ferry.  Oopsie!

I am really excited for this transfer with Sister Coffman!  We will have lots of fun together.  I can't believe this is the start of my final transfer and I don't know where the time has gone.  It's really scary.  For now, I'll just be enjoying every second I can of being a missionary.

Love you lots!
Love,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment